Thinkific Combine & Conquer – Funnels (Part 4 of 5)
The following is an excerpt from the Thinkific webinar series Combine & Conquer: Selling Made Simple Series. This video will cover:
- Student Onboarding / Post Purchase
To follow along, you will need:
- A Mailchimp Account (Or similar email provider)
- A Zapier Account (Or similar service e.g. Automate.io)
- A Typeform Account
In this video, we’ll help a student that has just purchased your course to get settled and ready to consume your content.
A high level overview of this funnel is here:
Before You Watch the Video
I highly recommend watching these videos in order. If you have not already, please review Part One here.
Important: You can skip steps 1, 2, 3 and 4 if you have previously set up a funnel that registers if a student enrolled. Part 3 of this course covers this set up.
- Create a new Zap, with Thinkific as the trigger and the event as New Full Enrollment
- Next, add Mailchimp to your Zap and select Add/Update Subscriber
- Add the require information, such as email and first and last name. For the Tag, choose Fully Enrolled
- Save your Zap and enable it.
- Open Mailchimp, click Automations and then Customer journeys, then Create Journey (Top right)
- Give your automation a name e.g. Student Onboarding Funnel and click Start Building
- Choose a Starting Point of Tag added, and choose the Fully Enrolled Tag
- Add a time delay of 1 hour, this prevents your student being overwhelmed with emails in the first couple of minutes after sign up.
- Then send your first email
After this point, you can choose when to send emails. I recommend sending emails on a schedule that match when a student would be covered content e.g. Every day, or every week. Don’t send too many emails and ensure they are relevant. This funnel is for helping students, don’t market to them here!
When complete, an example automation would look like this:
Further Reading & Resources
Customer Journeys with Mailchimp: https://mailchimp.com/en-ca/help/create-customer-journey
Zapier Quick Start Guide: https://zapier.com/learn/zapier-quick-start-guide/
Embedding Forms & Content in Thinkific Site Builder: https://support.thinkific.com/hc/en-us/articles/360030357114-How-to-Embed-Content-on-a-Thinkific-Landing-Page