The following is a broad overview of how you can sell seats in bulk for Thinkific courses. Some common use cases for this include:
- You want to sell to companies which will buy multiple seats at a time e.g. 10 seats for the HR team, and 15 seats for the accounting department
- You want a manager to be able to assign seats at their leisure, having bought them from you previously.
Using Coupon Codes
There are two ways to use Thinkific Coupon codes to sell seats in bulk, manually or automated using Zapier.
Manual: This is the simplest way and it would require a customer to reach out to you e.g. via email, by phone, and request coupon codes. You would then manually create them in Thinkific and send to the customer. This customer could then distribute the coupon codes to staff.
Automatic: This method requires the use of Zapier. For the purchase itself, you have two options:
- Using the Thinkific checkout, you can set up a ‘course’ which represents a number of seats e.g. 10 Seats for the Accounting Course.
- Using Stripe Checkout (Or any e-commerce system), the user can buy a selected number of seats. Using Stripe or similar is preferable as the user can choose the number of seats (In Thinkific, they cannot change the seat quantity and thus you need a course for every amount), and in Stripe you can offer different tiered pricing e.g. Over X number of seats their is a Y% discount.
When the purchase has been made, you then trigger a Zap in Zapier to create a Coupon Code using the Thinkific API, and send this Coupon Code to the consumer. Feel free to contact me if you require assistance in setting up this Zap, it sounds more complicated than it is!
Top Tips for Coupons
- Coupon codes can be applied automatically to reduce the possibility of an end user entering it incorrectly. See – https://support.thinkific.com/hc/en-us/articles/360035675974-Share-Links-with-Coupons-Automatically-Applied
- QR codes are a great way for end users to scan the checkout link (See the point above) and get access to your content. I have clients which place these QR codes in staff portals and they have proved to increase course consumption.
Using the WooNinja B2B Dashboard
When I built the dashboard, I decided to bring together the two most critical pieces of feedback from clients:
- The ability for a manager of a company to assign their own seats for their staff
- Permit a manage to purchase seats as they require and for the dashboard to automatically assign them to their account.
The general process for this is as follows:
- Using Stripe, Shopify or an ecommerce system of your choice, you will set up a product. When a user wants to buy seats for their dashboard, they will purchase this product.
- When the product is purchased, a Zap in Zapier is triggered which interfaces with the B2B dashboard to add the newly purchased seats to their account.
- The manager can now log into the dashboard and assign the seats to their staff.
Important: This process may seem daunting and highly technical but don’t worry, I’ve implemented it multiple times and as a customer of the B2B Dashboard, this set is included in your subscription.