The WooCommerce Extension for Thinkific can dynamically create a WooCommerce coupon for a user at the checkout if they have previously taken a course of yours. The use case is therefore you want to offer a user a discount on this purchase, based on them buying or being enrolled in a given course previously.
To get started, open a WooCommerce product:
- Enable the Alumini Discount
- Choose the courses that a user must have been previously enrolled in to qualify
- Choose a percentage type
- Choose the discount amount
Click Save or Publish
In the following example, a customer that buys this WooCommerce product will:
- Be enrolled for 60 days in the Accounting Course
- Be given a 15% discount if they had previously been enrolled in the Corporate Onboarding Course
- This system generates a coupon in WooCommerce, not Thinkific and hence the coupon can only be used in WooCommerce.
- The user must be logged in to avail of a discount. You should encourage users to log in, and not use the guest checkout, if you intend to use this feature.
- Coupons are single use and tied to the specific user so they cannot be shared or used multiple times.
- Coupons, if not used, will be deleted after 48 hours.